ACCOUNTABLE TO: Board of Directors
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: The Program + Membership Coordinator is responsible for the daily management of Think Local First according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The areas of focus of this position include:
- Member relations, communications, and events
- New member acquisition
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Administration & Planning
- Manage administrative aspects of TLF including maintaining records of member businesses including the ambassador lists, billing members for dues, welcoming new businesses, distributing new member packages and updating email list as required.
- Update the TLF website – adding and updating new business profile when members join, de-activating profiles when members leave, updating the alphabetical list of members.
- Create content for the website showcasing events and news.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing strategic plans that reflect the priorities of TLF.
- Participate as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors plus board committees as required.
Member Relations & Communication
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Actively engage and energize TLF member businesses, board members, and sponsors.
- Communicate with member businesses to keep them informed of the TLF events and benefits (mainly via an email newsletter).
- Communicate with member businesses and prospective members via email, social media and in-person visits.
- Establish productive working relationships with community groups, and local businesses with an interest or potential interest in TLF.
- Actively recruit eligible businesses to become members; these businesses may be those suggested by Board members or member businesses.
- Represent TLF at mixers, presentations, meetings, workshops and public events, as required.
- Enhance TLF’s public image and positive profile through pro-active media and marketing activities sanctioned by the Board of Directors.
The following skills are required for this position:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with updating a WordPress website
- Experience managing social media channels for an organization
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude and initiative for ongoing learning
- Organized, resourceful and have impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in membership-based organizations considered an asset
- Familiarity with QuickBooks online accounting software an asset
Employment Type: Indefinite contract position. Work remotely as Think Local First does not have an office. Possibility of a co-working space membership.
Hours: 20 hours/week
Hourly Rate: $30/hour
Start Date: Flexible
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 April 2021.